To manipulate equations I use Derive, SymPy, Wolfram Alpha (tried pro, but it does not enable any longer equations than the free version), and Wolframscript from Wolfram Engine for Developers. I also use Octave (MATLAB clone) and mpmath for large-number stuff.
Please do not hesitate to edit my questions and answers.
I try to remember to write out every abbreviation and explain obscure mathematical symbols at the first mention. Also it is never bad to link to Wikipedia.
I vote also on answers that compete with mine.
I cross-license all of my code and images in Stack Exchange under CC0 1.0.
- Signal Processing 11.9k 11.9k 11 gold badge2323 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 681 681 55 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Mathematics 379 379 55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 154 154 99 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 140 140 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 58 Were generative adversarial networks introduced by Jürgen Schmidhuber?
- 23 methods of computing fixed point atan2 on FPGA
- 17 Filter design by distributing poles and zeros on parametric curves
- 14 Auto Detection of Rotation Angle on Arbitrary Image with Orthogonal Features
- 14 Function to describe teardrop shape
- 12 limit to possible noise shaping?
- 12 How do real-time convolution plugins process audio so quickly
- View more network posts →