Embedded software and DSP developer since 1985.
Experience ranging from developing sonars for submarines, through earth stations for satellite communications and miniature, extreme low power satellite radio devices to road traffic controllers with all of the safety constraints that this involves.
I have used many generations of processors from the new-fangled intel 8086/8087 combo through 8051, 80x86, DSP56K, MSP430 to ARM-Cortex and MIPS embedded processors but always with less than 512K of memory.
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 2 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 1 '16 at 12:54
- Electrical Engineering 3.4k 3.4k 1616 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3k 3k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Retrocomputing 469 469 33 silver badges44 bronze badges
- The Workplace 408 408 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 132 Why are statements in many programming languages terminated by semicolons?
- 30 Did personal computers ever support 8" floppies?
- 26 It's been more than 10 years (since I designed hardware with RS-232), and we're still using RS-232?
- 23 Employees are gaming their performance metrics, instead of doing what's best for the company
- 19 What MCU, need hi res ADCs?
- 18 How do I measure the voltage coming out of a USB port?
- 17 What's the schematic to share one crystal with two micros?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 10 '18