I studied electrical engineering and guitar (jazz/popular music). I got my PhD in digital signal processing and digital communications. I worked for 7 years as a DSP research scientist in a big European research lab. I've always combined my technical work with my musicianship, but in 2006 I quit my technical job to be able to fully concentrate on my work as a professional musician and as a guitar instructor. I still do some DSP consulting now and then.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
43 profile views
Last seen 18 hours ago
- Signal Processing 54.2k 54.2k 22 gold badges4040 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 16.5k 16.5k 22 gold badges3131 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Mathematics 9.3k 9.3k 1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.2k 3.2k 99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- German Language 805 805 44 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 36 Filter order vs number of taps vs number of coefficients
- 34 What is the advantage of MATLAB's filtfilt
- 33 What are the problems in teaching guitar via Skype?
- 28 Understanding minor key harmony
- 26 FIR filter with linear phase, 4 types
- 26 Calculating a value inside one range to a value of another range
- 25 Is it necessary to use only notes and chords that belong in a specific scale?
- View more network posts →