I studied electrical engineering, specializing in digital signal processing, and guitar (jazz/popular music). I got my PhD in digital signal processing and digital communications. I worked for 7 years as a DSP research scientist in a big European research lab, always combining technical work with my musicianship. Since 2006 I've been sharing my time between working as a freelance DSP consultant, as a professional musician, and as a guitar instructor.
Member for 8 years
53 profile views
Last seen Mar 21 at 17:43
- Signal Processing 72.8k 72.8k 55 gold badges6060 silver badges136136 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 19.1k 19.1k 22 gold badges4242 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Mathematics 9.8k 9.8k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.5k 3.5k 1111 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- German Language 805 805 44 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 41 Filter order vs number of taps vs number of coefficients
- 39 What is the advantage of MATLAB's filtfilt
- 33 What are the problems in teaching guitar via Skype?
- 31 Understanding minor key harmony
- 28 FIR filter with linear phase, 4 types
- 27 What's an "add" chord?
- 25 Is it necessary to use only notes and chords that belong in a specific scale?
- View more network posts →