I studied electrical engineering, specializing in digital signal processing, and guitar (jazz/popular music). I got my PhD in digital signal processing and digital communications. I worked for 7 years as a DSP research scientist in a big European research lab, always combining technical work with my musicianship. Since 2006 I've been sharing my time between working as a freelance DSP consultant, as a professional musician, and as a guitar instructor.
Member for 6 years, 7 months
46 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Signal Processing 55.9k 55.9k 22 gold badges4040 silver badges104104 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 17.2k 17.2k 22 gold badges3535 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Mathematics 9.3k 9.3k 1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 3.2k 3.2k 99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- German Language 805 805 44 silver badges55 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 37 Filter order vs number of taps vs number of coefficients
- 34 What is the advantage of MATLAB's filtfilt
- 33 What are the problems in teaching guitar via Skype?
- 28 Understanding minor key harmony
- 27 Calculating a value inside one range to a value of another range
- 26 FIR filter with linear phase, 4 types
- 26 What's an "add" chord?
- View more network posts →