I have a master degree in image processing (including a two-year face recognition capstone project).
If I find myself upvoting posts in other areas of signal processing, I might be wrong - because I lack the knowledge to detect garbage in unfamiliar areas.
My mathematical understanding is not strong - I tend to find ways to visualize the problem and the mathematical tools. As such, I have poor understanding of things which can have infitinely many dimensions. I understand PCA, LDA (linear discriminant) as being useful for dimension reduction, though.
I'm working for a document image processing company, with 5-10% research, >90% general C++/MFC/Windows programming. I am an avid user of MATLAB, though it is only used internally and not used for production software.
Most of my results and work is ad-hoc (specific to an application, and not deeply rooted in some profound mathematics). So far, I have not made any "contribution" (new theories) in the field of signal processing.
Los Angeles, CA
Member for 8 years, 4 months
9 profile views
Last seen Sep 14 '12 at 8:35
- Software Engineering 15k 15k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.7k 5.7k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Signal Processing 512 512 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 221 221 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- User Experience 195 195 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 34 OpenCV - approxPolyDP for edge maps (not contours)
- 33 Why was the Itanium processor difficult to write a compiler for?
- 31 why is 1>>32 == 1?
- 18 How to resolve class interdependence in my C++ code?
- 17 Fostering a time period where everyone can try any ideas to make software run faster?
- 16 Is passing arguments as const references premature optimization?
- 16 Downsampling an image by an integer factor
- View more network posts →