- trained: signal analysis & image processing (information enhancement, adaptive filtering, denoising, data compression, restoration, deconvolution, wavelets and filter banks, optimization),
- involved: basic statistics, visualization & data science,
- curious: language, words, epistemology, puns.
Driven by applications, especially the extraction of weak signals in noise: geophysics/geosciences, analytical chemistry, engine control and simulation, materials analysis, and bioinformatics.
Top Network Posts
- 98 What is the word for always YES (100%) or always NO (0%), never in-between
- 49 Is there any integral for the Golden Ratio?
- 41 Is deep learning killing image processing/computer vision?
- 33 Examples of problems that are easier in the infinite case than in the finite case.
- 29 Is there a "positive" definition for irrational numbers?
- 29 Should I email old supervisor about my progress?
- 28 Why does topology rarely come up outside of topology?
- View more network posts →
Top Tags (21)
11 Stack Exchange Signal processing in the real life Mar 30 '17
6 IEEE Signal Processing Society membership Feb 20 '17
4 should i get ina scruff with this person, or what? Jun 17 '18
4 Should short answers be comments or answers? Oct 10 '16
4 How does Matt L. do to remain over the top? Oct 19 '16